Have you ever felt the urge to access one or two of your frequented websites or some online guide(s) you often refer to, while you were unplugged from the internet; or maybe when you were on the go with a slow internet connection? You might not have to worry about it anymore, once you have HTTrack to handle an otherwise tedious job neatly for you.
HTTrack Website Copier is a software utility that would help you to access websites from your computer even when you are offline. It can download and save entire (or a part of) websites from the internet to a local directory in your computer. In case you are unsure about the usefulness of the application, do head straight over to the “Pros” before you read on.
How to Use HTTrack
- Download HTTrack Website Copier.
- If you believe that you are good enough with software and websites, you may skip the following steps, as you will most probably be able to sort everything out yourself. Or, if you would still prefer some guidance, keep reading.
- Open the file to start the installation process (duh!). The process is quite neat and simple. You may leave all settings as it is and accept the terms and conditions, and keep clicking ‘Next’ until the installation finishes.
- In the last step, untick ‘View history.txt file’, and then click on ‘Finish’ to automatically launch the program.
- Once HTTrack opens up, click ‘Next’ to get started with what we really want to do.